ACTIVITIES REPORTActivities Report 2020-21
Activities Report 2021-22
- Classes for III- and II-year students started from 27th September 2021.
- THE ORIENTATION PROGRAM ON NEP for I year students was conducted on 9th October 2021. The Chief Guest for the occasion was Mr.Gowrisha, Professor and Director, Centre for Economic and Social Studies, Bangalore. The President of the occasion was Sri. Krishna Kumar, IAS Retd, President, MES Group of Institutions.
- AN ORIENTATION ON CIVIL SERVICES was organised for all the 3-year students on 9th November 2021 and the Guest Speaker was Mr. Vinay Shetty, Alumni, MESIOM
- The 66thKANNADA RAJYOTHSAVA was celebrated on 25th Nov 2021 and the Chief Guest was Sri.Amar Prasad, Media Professional. The Special Invitee was Prof.B.Basavaraj, Rtd. Principal, SJRC and the President of the occasion was Dr.H.S.Ganesha Bhatta, Director-Academics, MES Institutions
- INDIAN CONSTITUTION DAY was celebrated on 26th November 2021 and the Chief Guest was Smt.Lakshmi Devi.M.M, LLB, LLM, Lecturer, Havanur College
- VAK SURABHIwas conducted on 4th Dec 2021 and Sri.K.P.Sathyanarayan, Police Inspector , Yelahanka Police Station, addressed the students on the topic ‘POLICE AND YOUTH’. Sri.Mahesh Nedalagi, Police Sub Inspector, Sri. Madhu.M, Police Sub Inspector and Sri.Nagaraj, Head Constable, Yelahanka Police Station were also present on the occasion
- INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS DAY was celebrated on 10th Dec 2021 and the Chief Guest for the event was Sri.Shivakumar, Advocate, High Court of Karnataka
- On 10th Dec 2021, a SEMINAR ON CAREER GUIDANCE AND CORPORATE ETIQUETTE was conducted for 3rd year B. Com and BBA students and the Chief Guest was Dr.Srinivasan. Smt.Satabdi Saha, Asst. Manager, Sakes, Inurture Galileo was also present on the occasion
- THE ANNUAL TALENT’S FEST – PRATHIBHA KARANJEEAND INVESTITURE CEREMONY was organised on 15th and 16th Dec 2021 and the Chief Guest was Vid.Prashanth.B.S, Mrudanga Artist. The Special Invitee was Sri.R.P.Ashok, Police Inspector-Rajajinagar and was presided by Dr.Janardhan.T.G, Former Principal, MES College, Malleswaram
- The Department of Physical Education conducted the INTER-COLLEGIATE TABLE TENNIS TOURNAMENT – Men and Women and selections for BCU men and women table tennis for south zone team on 18th Dec 2021, the chief guest for inaugural function was Sri. Shreyas Telanga, National Table tennis player and Presided by Sri Shashidhar, IAS Rtd. Member of Management Committee, MES.
The Chief Guest for the Valedictory was Sri.Rakshith Rajendra Barigidad, National Level Tennis Player.33 boys and 14girls were participated.
- The Placement Training for the III-year B. Com/BBA students was conducted from 29th Dec 2021 to 5th Jan 2022. The Resource Persons were Sri. Aftab, Sri Rajendra Kulkarni and Kum.Nirupama.K.B, Xplore Consultancy Services
- Mock NAAC was held on 13thJanuary2022 and the experts for the occasion were Prof.Vishwanathaiah, Principal, IFIM Business School, Prof.T.V.Raju, Director – RVIM, Prof.K.M.Raghavendran, HOD, Department of Physics and IQAC Coordinator, MES Degree College, MES Degree College and Dr.H.S.Ganesha Bhatta, Dir-Academics, MES Institutions.
- The 73rd Republic Day was celebrated on 26th January 2022 and the Chief Guests was Prof.Mythili Raju, Principal, MES Teacher’s College and Presided by Dr.Nalini.G.S, Principal, MES Vidyasagar MPL Shastry PU College
- A career guidance program on Aviation was organised on 7th Feb 2022 for final year students and the Resource Person was Joe Alfred
- The 6thVIVEKANANDA SAPTHAHA Celebrations was conducted from 22nd to 28th Jan 2022. Various events- debate, collage, drawing, essay writing was conducted.
- A workshop on Tally was conducted for I year BBA students on 28th Feb 2022 and the Resource Person was Sri.Vimal Kumar, Tally India Pvt. Ltd.,
- NAAC PEER TEAM VISIT on 22nd and 23rd February 2022. The Chair person was Dr. R.D. Sharma, the Co-Ordinator- Dr. Anil P Dongre and Member- Dr. Thirupathi Rao.
- International Women’s Day was celebrated on 8th March 2022 and the Chief Guest was Dr.Vijayalakshmi Balekundri, Dept of Paediatric Cardiology, JAYADEVA Institute, Bangalore.
- Seminar on Financial Statements of Sole Proprietors was conducted for I year B. Com students on 9th May 2022 and the Resource Person was Sri. Ravindra, Alumni – MESIOM and Asst. Prof, M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Management.
- An Orientation on CMA Professional Course was conducted for final year students on 26th May 2022 and the Resource Person was Sr.Anoop.S, Alumni – MESIOM
- An Orientation on Banking Examination was conducted for final year students on 30th May 2022 and the Resource Person was Sri.Sateesh Kumar, Unacademy
- On 5th June, 2022 on account of International Environment Day, the Eco Club- Dharini in association with Team Spotlight conducted ‘Planting for Survival – DHAARA’ and planted saplings at Chunchunghatta lake, J.P.Nagar, 7th phase. 100 ayurvedic saplings were bought and distributed in and around the college.
- On 6th June 2022, NSS Wing and Eco Club – Dharani conducted a rally to bring about awareness on planting tree saplings and distributed saplings to the public
- The Sri.M.Chinnaswamy Memorial Intercollegiate Leather Ball Cricket T-20 Tournament 2022 was organised on 8th June 2022. The Chief Guest was Mr.B.V.Vijay, Former Physical Education Director, MES Degree College. Sri.Srikanth.R, Nodal Officer, Govt. of Karnataka and Prof.K.M.Raghavendran, Chief Executive, MES Institutions were also present on the occasion. 10 colleges participated in the tournament
- The Management Event CRITI was organised on 13th and 14th June 2022 for II and III year BBA students
- An Awareness on Save Soil Movement was held on 17th June 2022 and the Resource Person was Sri.Panindra, Isha Volunteer
- International Yoga Day was celebrated on 21st June 2022 and the Chief Guest was Dr.Chandranna.N, Principal, Bhagavan Buddha FGC and the Special Invitee was Sri.B.Vijay, Former Physical Education Director, MES Degree College
- The Commerce and Management Club conducted Best Manager Event from 21st to 25th June 2022
- The NSS Wing organised a one- day trek to Madhugiri Hills on 25th June 2022 and 68 students participated in the trek.
- On 26th June, students participated in an Awareness Program on Drug Abuse organised by the Government of Karnataka
- Ethnic Week was celebrated from 27th to 2nd July 2022 and various events like debate, GD, dance, fashion show, pin-up board decoration on various colour revolutions were conducted
- An Orientation on Digital Entrepreneurship was conducted for II yr students on 1st July 2022 and Resource Person was Sri.Prakash Nimbalkar, Start-up Mentor, Advisor, Visiting Faculty and Management Consultant
- On 1st July, conducted an awareness on Protect the Environment and Save Fuel. The students conducted a rally at traffic signals in and around the college and also propagated wearing of helmet.
- Vak Surabhi was organised on 2nd July 2022 on the theme ‘Environment and its Sustainability’. The Resource Person, Sri.Suresh Heblikar, Film Maker, Director, Environmentalist and Founder-Eco-Watch spoke on the topic ‘Climatic Change and its Impact’ and the President of the occasion was Dr.Ganesh Bhatta, Director-Academics, MES Institutions
- The NSS Wing conducted the Annual NSS Camp at Chikkanahalli from 4th – 11th July 2022. 60 students offered ‘Shramadhan’ at the camp.
- Kannada department organised seminar on IV semester text book revise for 4th Semester B.com students on 12th July 2022. The resource person, Dr.Asha.G Kannada Text book committee member and assistant professor , Department of Kannada, KLE College.
- Placement cell organised a talk on “Campus to Corporate” by IBS ICFAI Group on 14th July 2022. The resource person, Prof.Radhika Ramesh ,Associate Dean for Academics, IBS, Bengaluru.
- “MAVERIX 2022” was concluded by valedictory program on 20th July 2022. The chief guest was Dr.M.C.Prakash, Retired Principal, VVS First Grade College.
- “Swayam Anveshana” was organised by Entrepreneurship Development Cell. The judges were Mr.Kumar Guru Company Secretary and Mr.Chethan Nagada , Senior Financial Analyst, Northern Trust and a Pattiserie homebaker.
- “Samanvitha” was organised by “Commerce and Management Forum on 22nd July 2022. The judges were Dr.Ganesha Bhatta, Director Academics, MES Group of Institution and Dr.D.Usha Rani,Principal, MES Arts, Commerce and Science college,Malleshwaram.
- A Seminar on IFRs for final year B.com students was held on 29th July 2022, the speaker was Dr.Sri Hari, senior Assistant Professor of Commerce, SSMRV, College, Bengaluru.
- Placement cell organised Google Certificate career program on 30th July 2022.The trainers were Dr.Umesh Karanth and Dr.Ganesh Nayak.
- Career Guidance program on Management Courses was held on 1st August 2022. The speakers were Ms.Sushma.D Assitant Professor ,Dayananda Sagar college and Mr.Viay.J Assistant Professor, Dayananda Sagar college.
- Campus drive was conducted by Placement Cell in association with HDB Financial services. The HR team consisted of Mr.Chaithanya.H, Ms.Suchithra.R and Mr.Vinod Pai.
- 75th Year Independence Day Celebration “Swaraj @ 75” was celebrated on 6th August 2022. The speaker,Sri.Pradeep Nataraj,Member ,Disha Foundation.
- Career Orientation Program was held on 8th August 2022. The speaker spoke on : What’s Next?
- Janapada Jatare – an intercollegiate competition and Kannada Nudi Habba was held on 10th August 2022. The chief guest, Dr.Bhargoru Ramachandrappa, famous writer, Vedushi Smt.Sangeetha Kati, famous Singer and Dr.H.Shashidhar Retd. IAS officer, MES group of Institutions.
- National Library Day was celebrated on 12th August 2022. Chief Guest, Dr.Janardan.T.G, Former Principal, MES ACS College, Malleshwaram, Bengaluru and Prof.Sheela Menon, Director, Academics, Higher Education, MES Group of Institutions.
- Independence Day was celebrated on 15th August 2022. The chief guest, Prof.K.M.Raghavendran, CE, MES group of Institutions.
- Annual Day Celebrations 2021-2022 was celebrated on 27th August 2022. The chief guest, Sri.Rnganatha.S.Bharadwaj,Chief producerand Senior Anchor, TV 9 Kannada and presided by Dr.H.S.Ganesha Bhatta, Director, Adcemics, MES Group of Institutions.
- National Sports Day was celebrated on 29th August 2022. The chief guest, Sri.Punitg Nandakumar, National Para swimmer and National Awardee.
Extra curricular activities
Big data analytics, the hottest buzzword of all, is growing faster than ever. Its predicted that by 2020, about 1.5 megabytes of data will be created every second. As per the current market demands, there is a shortage of professionals who can fill up the vacancies bridging the gap between Analytics and business.
MESIOM conducted a State Level Seminar on Big Data & Analytics in Commerce and Management on 9th May, 2019. The Chief Guest of the Inauguration was Dr.T.V.Raju, Director, - Planning,RV Institutions and the President of the occasion was Sri.Krishna Kumar, Retd. IAS,President, MESInstitutions.
STATE LEVEL SEMINAR ON BIG DATA ANALYTICS IN COMMERCE AND MANAGEMENT
In the Inaugural address on Big data analytics Dr.TV Raju, quoted "education is not preparation for life, it is life itself", "Investment in education is the best investment''. He opined that from 1970 till date there has been a 75 times growth in academic institutions - 900 universities, 45,000 colleges, and 35 million students are there at present. Although there is tremendous progress in quantity, the quality of students has not been elevated. He added that Knowledge is power only when it is applied and capacity building in youth is more important issue. If we want a development we approach BDA, likewise,if we want a development in knowledge BDA (big data analytics) can be approached.
BDA is a complex process, examining large data, uncovering lot of things, hidden patterns, and
correlations, market trends means to analyze data sets and draw conclusions generating revenue, better competition, customer service, marketing etc. He also talked about volume of data velocity and veracity of data resulting in cost reduction, better decision making and growth, sustainability in the current competitive world.
Sri. Krishna Kumar, Retd. IAS and President of MES Institutions, opined that we have to focus on analytics. The additional data over and above what we learn in classrooms, library, journals, net, and some data involuntarily generated should be analyzed and consumed. Increase in volume and varieties of data should avoid fake data, he said, quoting the example of 2016 US Presidential elections being false data information produced by social medias. He insisted more on veracity-truthfulness of data and not to be bombarded with false information moving from mercantile capitalism to internet capitalism.
Technical Session I - Big Data and Applications
Dr. N.K Srinath, Dean, Academician, RVCE,
Briefing about Big data he said that Data refers to records or recordings encoded for use in computer, more widely used to refer statistical observations and collection of evidence. It is
a symbol set that is quantified or qualified. He talked about levels of data from KB's to YB's
(yottabytes).What is BIG DATA? Big data is basically a massive volume of structured and unstructured data collected using traditional data and software techniques. In most enterprises the volume of data is too big or it moves too fast or in excess of current processing capacity. It describes voluminous amount of structured, semi structured and unstructured data. It is generated by everything around us at all times,arriving at multiple sources at an alarming variety,velocity and veracity.NYSE generates about 1TB of data per day to perform stock trading analytics. Airlines collect 10 TB of data every 50 minutes of flying time. Key drives for big data is business, technology and finance.Business gives opportunities to enable new innovative business models, potentiality for new insights that drive competitive advantages. In technology, data is collected and stored continuously to grow exponentially. There is an increase in data everywhere and in many formats and traditional solutions are failing under new requirements.Financially cost of data system as a percentage is speed and continues to grow. Properties of Big data system include robustness, low latency rate. When there is a duplication of data it is not possible to get right results, delay to be reduced depending upon problems, process and latency changes. This should be activated without robustness of system.
Scalability: when number of data increases exponentially it is difficult to crunch data resources. Generalization: to support wide range of applications. Extensibility: enable to discover intensity of things. More complexity of a system, the more likely something functionality to be added with a minimum development cost. Example, a new factor or change to an existing factor requires a migration of old data into new format.
Ad hoc queries: arbitrary questions will go wrong and it is required to understand the system of debug.Debug ability is an important factor because error can occur anywhere. Analyzing data can give business an edge over the competition and business would flourish. Big data analysis is a process of examining large and valid sets to uncover hidden patterns, unknown correlations, market trends, customer preferences and other useful information that can help organizations to harness their data and use it to identify new opportunities which in turn leads to smart business moves, more efficient operations, higher profits and happier customers. The key career prospects in big data are -Data analyst, statistician, data scientist, data engineers, data architect, Business analyst,data andanalytics manager.
Technical Session II
Dr. Saroj Kumar Meher, Associate Professor,
Indian Statistical Institute-Machine Learning in E-commerce
Dr. Saroj opined that brains are the natural machines. Machine processes output based on input,if input is wrong or not understandable, machine processes its own output which may not be useful for us. Input should be provided by the person who understands the problem, who is a domain expert. Heart of data science is machine learning. Machine can be a helping hand but it cannot actually replace a human brain. He added that data on its own is useless unless we can make sense of it. He spoke about types of analytics that are prescriptive, predictive and descriptive.
Technical Session III
Dr. S. Nagarajan, Director - Research, CGN
World Career prospects in big data analytics:
Talking about career consciousness, Dr.Nagarajan said that learning is a totally different aspect; it is not qualification that matters but the skills that we hold. He said that opportunities in IT industry are in Application development, application maintenance, software testing in IT software,networking, informal security, system admin in IT infrastructure, data modelling, ETL, PL/SQL in database, data science, machine learning, verification in analytics.Data science, robotic process, automation, machine learning, IOT, voice are the trending technologies and the evolution of business analytics from 5000BC to the current time.
Business analytics offers the opportunity to explore all the industry wise demand in finance,
manufacturing, market, government, commerce and energy. Business analytics have potentiality to resolve all the problem areas which cause hindrances in growth of enterprise. Facts and figures are based on trends with the industry witnessed when business analytics is implemented including various percentage of areas.
The seminar ended with the Valedictory program and Dr. Dilip Mavinkurve, Former MD, SBM and Treasurer, MES Institutions, gave the Valedictory Address and the Closing Remarks.
Rotaract Club is a wing of the Rotary club, North, which encourages the youth to give back to society. The Rotaract Club of MESIOM participates actively in many programmes to serve society. Annual blood donation and heart checkup camps conduct in MESIOM premises for the students and general public. The Rotaract club tries to instill humanitarian values in the students. The Rotaract Club of MESIOM provides extensive service for social activities like conducting various cultural and sports events for orphanages in Bangalore, visit old age homes, Raila Programme and many more.
Commerce and Management Club
The Commerce and Management Club aims at preparing the students to face the realms of the corporate world through its various activities like industrial visits , budget analysis, seminars, workshops, conferences, projects and internship programmes, Ankura- an Intercollegiate management and cultural fest.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell
The EDP Cell conducts activities which aim at developing the entrepreneurial skills through activities like swayam Anveshana, samanvitha and Industrial Motivational Campaign in association with Government of India, MSME Development Institute.
The language departments of MESIOM conduct various activities in order to hone the literary, cultural and communication skills of the students through Maverix, Nudihabba, Surabharthi Vybhavam. Hindi department celebrates Hindi Divas.
MES Institute of Management actively participates in various sports events and regularly conducts sports meet in the college. Many indoor and outdoor sporting events are conducted. This aims at building up the sportsmanship spirit among the students and helps them take victories and defeats in their stride.
Facilitates discussion among students regarding relevant issues of current affairs discussions are conducted every month in the classes based on the events of the previous ten days. Each student is encouraged to present his/her views and the class teacher moderates these discussions.
The Alumni Reunion is held on the 2nd Saturday of April every year which serves as a doorway to nostalgia, reminiscing memorable experiences and share details of mutual growth, achievements and advancement in various field. The students of the previous batches are instrumental in providing a variety of assistance that help them be in touch with the graduates of MESIOM.